PRIVACY AND PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
A. Personal Data which we collect from you
In the course of your dealings with Damansara Realty Berhad (“DBHD”) and/or any of its subsidiaries, we may request that you provide data and information about yourself (“Personal Data”) to enable us to enter into commercial transaction with you or to deliver the necessary notices, services and/or products in connection with our business. These are relevant in connection with our business process, execution, including delivery of notices, services and/or products, client relationship management, planning purposes in connection with future products, new product launches and events including promotional events with business partners within our projects or townships.
Such Personal Data may be subject to applicable data protection, privacy and other similar laws and may include but not limited to the following:-
Name, national registration identification card number, passport number, photograph, email address, postal address, age, telephone number, mobile number, EPF details, SOCSO details, income tax details, employment details and history including details of present and past income, bank account details, credit card details, marital status, gender, nationality, children’s details, names of relatives and how related including personal and contact details of relative, personal interests, hobbies, skills, languages, education or other related qualifications, achievements, ethnic origin, details of referees, medical records, physical, mental health or condition, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of similar nature, commission or alleged commission of offence, sexual orientation, directorship in companies, shareholding in companies, assets, involvement in legal proceedings including details of such legal proceedings, details of loans and other financial transactions, solvency, financial status, ownership of property, car registration details and all other related information necessary and incidental to our business.
B. How we collect your Personal Data
We collect your Personal Data through several methods which include but are not limited to:-
(1) application forms or other forms;
(2) from our affiliates or associates;
(3) during meetings or interviews with us;
(4) from manual or electronic communications with us or documents provided to us prior to or during the course of our business;
(5) from our website;
(7) from persons related to our organization.
It is not obligatory for you to provide us with all the Personal Data that we request for. However, certain Personal Data may be required to enable us to meet your requirement and your failure to supply the required Personal Data may result in our inability to meet your requirement.
C. How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data for purposes which may include:
(1) the delivery of notices, services or products and the marketing of such services or products whether present or future, to you;
(2) in order for you to enter into the necessary agreement and/or contract to purchase the products and/or properties from us;
(3) the maintenance and upkeep of customer records and development;
(4) those purposes specifically provided for in any particular service or product offered by us or our partners;
(5) marketing and client profiling activities regarding our latest projects, products and/or services;
(6) preparation and execution of all necessary documents and agreements and/or contracts for our projects, products and/or services with you;
(7) credit assessments, financial and background investigation as and when deemed necessary;
(8) our internal record keeping;
(9) prevention of crime (including but not limited to fraud and money-laundering);
(10) meeting any legal or regulatory requirements relating to our provision of services and products and to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular, code applicable to us or any member companies of our Group;
(11) enable us to send you information by e-mail, regular postal mail, telecommunication means (telephone calls, SMS messages or social chat applications) or internet social media about products and services offered by selected third parties that we think may interest you but doing so we maintain control over your Personal Data and we will not disclose your Personal Data to any third parties without your prior written consent;
(12) vacant possession, keys handover, property/estate management, customer care and/or defect rectification works;
(13) post vacant possession services, such as club house services, security and customer loyalty card programmes;
(14) any subsequent commercial transactions in relation to any projects, products and/or services;
(15) for handling queries and complaints;
(16) for complying with laws and regulations including requirements of any government or quasi-government or regulatory authorities or court of law;
(17) for all other purposes necessary or incidental to our business and all purposes necessary for or related to any of the above purposes.
D. To whom we disclose your Personal Data to
When processing your Personal Data, we may disclose your Personal Data to the following persons:
(1) any of our members and staff on a need-to-know basis;
(2) our auditors, lawyers, consultants, insurers, proposed insurers, advisers, bankers, agents, third party service providers (including service providers in other jurisdictions), third party management companies, sub-contractors, business partner or other parties as may be deemed necessary by us to facilitate your dealings with us who are under a duty of confidentiality to us;
(3) government or quasi-government and regulatory authorities in Malaysia and in countries where we, our auditors, lawyers, advisers, bankers, agents, third party service providers (including law firms in other jurisdictions), business partners or associates or legal referral guides have a presence or require approvals or are required to submit such information;
(4) all other persons or bodies who provide us with services necessary and/or incidental to our business.
This policy covers improprieties or irregularities, suspected fraud or criminal offences, breach of confidentiality and failure to comply with statutory or regulatory requirements.
We may process your Personal Data including contacting you for the purpose(s) stated herein via telephone calls, text messaging, emails, cross-platform mobile messaging applications, post, facsimile, social media or by whatsoever form of available modes of communication.
E. Transfer abroad
(1) We may also transfer your Personal Data to a place outside Malaysia when carrying out any of the purposes stated herein.
F. Accessing and updating your Personal Data
(1) Under the Act, you have the right of access to your Personal Data upon payment of a prescribed fee and you may request that we correct any of your Personal Data which is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of date unless compliance is refused under the Act. We will notify you of the reasons for not being able to accede to your request. We may also exercise our discretion in allowing the corrections requested and/or may require further documentary evidence of the new data to avoid fraud and inaccuracy.
(2) You may also withdraw your consent or restrict the purposes and methods in which we process your Personal Data and the personal data relating to other persons who may be identified from your Personal Data.
(3) If you have any questions regarding our Privacy Notice or if you wish to request access to your Personal Data or correct your Personal Data or withdraw your consent or restrict the purposes and methods in which we process your Personal Data, you may send your request in writing to the following address:-
Damansara Realty Berhad
Lot 10.3, Level 10
Wisma Chase Perdana
Off Jalan Semantan
Tel. No: 03-2081 2688
Fax No: 03-2081 2690
(4) Please note that notwithstanding the withdrawal of your consent, we may still process your Personal Data under circumstances permitted by law.
G. We update our Privacy Notice from time to time
(1) We review and update this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect the changes in law and business practices. We would advise you to obtain the latest version of our Privacy Notice by contacting us or visiting our website to ensure that you are familiar with the latest version. By continuing to instruct us after communication of our latest Privacy Notice, you are deemed to have accepted and consented to the revision and update contained therein.
H. Impact of non-provision of Personal Data
(1) Please note that in the event your Personal Data is not supplied or is insufficiently supplied to us, your instructions may not be accepted or your request to browse the information on our website may be denied.
(2) Please further note that if you withdraw your consent or restrict the purposes and methods in which we may process your Personal Data, we may not be able to continue to act on your instructions.
I. Personal Data of third parties
(1) You hereby confirm that you have obtained the consent from the person(s) whose personal data may be given to us by you or identified from your Personal Data which may be processed by us for the purposes stated herein including disclosure to the parties stated herein.
J. Your consent
(1) By disclosing your Personal Data to us, you agree and consent to us processing your Personal Data for the purposes stated herein including contacting you by letters, emails, text messages, cross-platform mobile messaging application (eg. WhatsApp), telephone, facsimile or other modes of communication.
(2) Kindly be informed that you have the right to withdraw your consent or restrict the purpose(s) and method(s) in which we process your Personal Data and the personal data relating to other persons who may be identified from your Personal Data at any time by completing the prescribed form which may be obtained by visiting our offices stated above.
Dated: 12 March 2018.